|Definitions and features of terms: governance, public governance, administration, public administration, state administration, public services, local self-government, administration science, administrative science.
Organisation as an essential element of public administration: beginnings and development of research (research done by F. Taylor, H. Fayol, M. Weber, L. Gulick, L. Urwick …), fields of studying organisation and administration (studying administration from psychological and sociological aspects; system theory; cybernetics and information theory; state-of-the-art information technologies).
Basic elements of organisation: objective, people, funds, structure, autonomy.
State administration from functional and organisational aspects: all activities of state administration (regulative, control and inspection, operation, research and analytical, repressive activities), principles of forming state administration bodies, centralism, deconcentration, decentralisation, systems and modes of management (line, functional and staff line management), internal organisation of administrative bodies.
The state administration's organisation and sphere of work in Slovenia: constitutional and legal definition of government (position, formation, functions, responsibility…), ministries and other state administration bodies, territorial organisation of administrative bodies; government and state administration body functions.
Execution of public powers: term, types, importance, mode of execution.
Legal persons of public law and their basic characteristics.
Basic features and organisation of public services: establishment, development and constituent elements of the "public service", organisational and functional elements of public services, legal and organisational forms of performing public services, concession relations, legal regulation of public enterprises, public services in the area of non-commercial activities.
Local self-government: local community, local self-governing community, European Charter of Local Self-Government, basic and wider self-governing local communities, sphere of work and competences of municipalities and regions, municipal and regional bodies (municipal councils, mayors, supervisory boards of municipalities, assets and financing, local elections, ratio between state administration and local self-government, state control over local self-government, local self-government and regional development.
Public employees: generally speaking about personnel in public administration, public officials, basic features of constitutional and legal regulation, of the system of public employees, types of public employees and their legal position, accountability of public employees, public sector salaries.
|• B. Brezovnik (2008) Izvajanje javnih služb in javno zasebno partnerstvo (Maribor: Inštitut za lokalno samoupravo).
• B. Brezovnik, M. Finžgar, Ž. J. Oplotnik (2014) Financiranje slovenskih občin (Maribor: Inštitut za lokalno samoupravo).
• B. Brezovnik, B. Grafenauer, Ž. J. Oplotnik & M. Železnik (2014) Statutarna ureditev občine (z osnutkom statuta občine in poslovnika občinskega sveta) (Maribor: Inštitut za lokalno samoupravo Maribor)
• Kovač P., G. Virant & J. Čebulj (ur.) (2011) Razvoj slovenske javne uprave: 1991-2011 (Ljubljana: Uradni list RS).
• B. Grafenauer, B. Brezovnik (2006) Javna uprava (Maribor: Pravna fakulteta Maribor).
• F. Bučar (1969) Uvod v javno upravo (Ljubljana: Uradni list SRS).
• B. Grafenauer (2000) Lokalna samouprava na Slovenskem (Maribor: Pravna fakulteta Maribor).
• B. G., Peters, J. Pierre (eds) (2014) The Sage Handbook of Public Administration (Los Angeles: SAGE).
• J. Loughlin, F. Hendriks & A. Lidstrom (eds) (2011) The Oxford Handbook of Local and Regional Democracy in Europe (New York: Oxford UNiversity Press).
• A.-M. Mureno (ed.) Local government in the Member States of the European Union: a comparative legal perspective (Madrid: INAP).
• Ustava in zakoni, ki urejajo področje državne uprave, javnih služb in lokalne samouprave v Republiki Sloveniji.