|Content (Syllabus outline)
|1. Introduction to business and business economics
2. Introduction to economic theories of the firm
3. Entrepreneur, entrepreneurship and the firm
4. Fundamentals of traditional theory of the firm (theories of demand and supply, of production and costs)
5. Profit, company behavior in different market structures, and industry analysis
6. Cost management and costing
8. Risk and economics of investment projects
9. Evaluating business performance
|Obvezna študijska literature (Compulsory textbooks):
REBERNIK, Miroslav, ŠIREC, Karin. Ekonomika podjetja. 5., spremenjena in dopolnjena izd. Ljubljana: IUS Software, GV založba, 2017. 496 str., ilustr. ISBN 978-961-247-342-6. [COBISS.SI-ID 287270144]
Dopolnilna literatura (Additonal textbooks):
Dodatno spletno gradivo (additional on-line material)
|In this course students:
1. Get the basic grasp of introductory understanding of economics of the firm.
2. Are familiarised with the applicability of economic thninking, entrepreneurship theory, supply and demand side theory, production theory, costs theory and information of some new theories of the firm.
3. Are familiarised with elements for successful solving of economic problems and decision-making in the key business fields and are aware of interdependence between them
4. Are familiarised with and grasp the basic concepts of scarcity and choice, costs, benefits, decision-making, profit, risk. Pricing, costing …
5. Acquire fundamental knowledge of basic economic categories, concepts, principles, and rules, related to the functioning of the company.
6. Are familiarised with the importance of qualitative and quantitative judgements.
7. Gain the ability to exploit analytical tools in problem-solving and decision-making.
|Intendend learning outcomes - knowledge and understanding
|Development of knowledge and understanding:
1. Understand basic concepts of considering basic economic categories, concepts, principles, and rules, related to the functioning of the company.
2. Learn to apply)depreciation methods, costing and pricing methods, judgments of business performance and investments appraisal in solving business problems.
3. Can demonstrate awareness of ethical issues in the field of decision-making in the key business fields.
4. Are able to discuss ethical issues in relation to personal beliefs and values.
|Intendend learning outcomes - transferable/key skills and other attributes'
1. Can analyse with guidance using given classification/principles.
2. Can collect and arrange data and ideas in a standard way.
3. Can evaluate the reliability of data using defined techniques and under guidance.
4. Students develop greater independence of thought and the ability to solve problems.
1. Use ICT.
2. Develop skills for team work.
3. Develop professional ethics.
4. Develop learning techniques and strategies for individual study, permanent reflection and evaluation.
5. Develop interest for lifelong learning.
Are able to act relatively autonomous and under supervision solve basic problems in the field of business economics.
|Learning and teaching methods
- AV presentation;
- case studies;
- team work