|Content (Syllabus outline)
|Course consits of following topics: introduction to information systems, types of information systems, information systems from the viewpoint of business processes, information systems from the viewpoint of management processes, introduction to computerized data processing, solutions (applications) on operational level and business information solutions, , solutions (applications) on management level, solutions (applications) for electronic business, introduction to computer systems (servers and workstations), introduction to systems software, introduction to computer networks, introduction to information systems analysis and design, digital transformation, cyber security, information ethics, end-user-computing. |
|Gradišar M, Jaklič J., Turk T:: Osnove poslovne informatike, Ekonomska fakulteta Ljubljana, 2012
Bobek Samo, Sternad Simona; Osnove poslovne informatike – zapiski predavanj, EPF
Literatura za uporabo pripomočkov pri laboratorijskih vajah
|In this course students:
1. Get the basic grasp of business informatics.
2. Are familiarised with the applicability of different PC tools.
3. Are familiarised with ingredients of information systems and are aware of interdependence between them.
4. Are familiarised with and grasp the basic concepts of information support.
5. Learn to write, think and express themselves accurately in the information solutions field.
6. Acquire fundamental knowledge of PC tools.
7. Are familiarised with the importance of information culture.
8. Gain the ability to solve problems with PC tools.
|Intendend learning outcomes - knowledge and understanding
|Development of knowledge and understanding:
1. Understand basic concepts of informatics.
2. Learn to use PC tools in solving business problems.
3. Recognize basic characteristics of information systems.
4. Can demonstrate awareness of ethical issues in the field of information support.
5. Are able to discuss ethical issues in relation to personal beliefs and values.
|Intendend learning outcomes - transferable/key skills and other attributes'
1. Can analyse with guidance using given classification/principles.
2. Can collect and arrange data and ideas in a standard way.
3. Can evaluate the reliability of data using defined techniques and under guidance.
4. Students develop greater independence of thought and the ability to solve problems.
1. Use ICT.
2. Develop skills for team work.
3. Develop professional ethics.
4. Develop learning techniques and strategies for individual study, permanent reflection and evaluation.
5. Develop interest for lifelong learning.
1. Get practical experience in the field of Microsoft Word 2010 (Core) and Microsoft Excel 2010 (Core)
2. Are able to act autonomously with defined guidelines and certain level of supervision.
|Learning and teaching methods
- case analysis;
- programmed learning;
- practical exercises and assignments