|Matura exam or the knowledge of the English language equivalent to level B2. |
|Content (Syllabus outline)
|Various economics and business topics are studied in order to achieve:
a) academic goals: students will be able
to read English business and
economics texts, professional journals
b) professional goals, which comprise of
the ability to: read business papers and journals, conference papers, business reports and letters, understand speeches, negotiations, conversations, TV and radio programmes,
write typical text types (annual reports, presentations, memos, etc.),
communicate orally (in telephone conversations, negotiations, meetings, presentations, etc.).
|Obvezna študijska literatura:
Duckworth, M., Hughes, J., Turner, R. 2018. Business Result. Upper-intermediate (Course Book). Oxford: OUP.
Dodatna študijska literature:
Mascull, B. 2010. Business Vocabulary in Use. Intermediate (Second edition). Cambridge: CUP (izbrana poglavja).
EVROTERM. Večjezična terminološka baza izrazov Evropske unije. Dostopno na: http://www.sigov.si/evroterm/
Izročki na predavanjih (aktualni strokovni časopisni članki).
|In this course students:
1. Get the basic grasp of terminology used in various fields of economics and business, which is related too other subjects studied in the first year of university program.
2. Are familiarised with expressions and phrases used in presentations in a foreign language.
3. Learn to write, think and express themselves accurately in a foreign language in the field of economics and business.
4. Are familiarised with the importance of networking and career building.
5. Gain the ability to understand other cultures and business practices in English speaking countries and within the EU.
|Intendend learning outcomes - knowledge and understanding
|Development of knowledge and understanding:
1. Get the basic grasp of terminology used in various fields of economics and business, which is related to other subjects studied in the first year of university program.
2. Learn to write, analyse, and understand basic English texts.
3. Are able to recognize other ethical issues in relation to personal beliefs and values.
|Intendend learning outcomes - transferable/key skills and other attributes'
1. Can analyse basic English text according to given instructions.
2. Students develop greater independence of thought and the ability to solve problems.
1. Use ICT.
2. Develop skills for team work.
3. Develop professional ethics.
4. Develop learning techniques and strategies for individual study, permanent reflection and evaluation.
5. Develop interest for lifelong learning.
6. Practice public speaking and presentations.
1. Get practical experience in the use of English within various business situations.
2. Students are able to act autonomously with minimal guidelines and supervisions.
3. Develop team work skills.
|Learning and teaching methods
pair work and group work;
problem-based language learning;
case study analysis;
AV presentations |