|Content (Syllabus outline)
|Course consists of following topics: theories and models of strategic value of information systems in financial organizations (strategic information systems), introduction to business process redesign (with focus in finance and financial organizations), finance information systems in ERP solutions, banking information systems, insurance information systems, information systems in stock exhanges, information systems for finance and bank management, information systems for e-business in finance organizations (e-banking), scurity of information systems, trends in e-finance and e-banking, advanced Excel and Access use. |
|Bobek Samo, Sternad Simona: Dodatna gradiva predmeta v e-učilnici, EPF
Kovačič, A. in V. Bosilij-Vukšić: Management poslovnih procesov: prenova in informatizacija poslovanja s praktičnimi primeri, GV, Ljubljana, 2009
|In this course students:
1. Enhance their theoretical knowledge in the field of finance and banking information solutions and are able to apply it.
2. Gain the ability to apply their theoretical knowledge in practice in the finance and banking information solutions field.
3. Acquire approaches to implement finance and banking information solutions
4. Acquire advanced knowledge of basic theoretical approaches in the field of information systems |
|Intendend learning outcomes - knowledge and understanding
|Development of knowledge and understanding:
1. Acquire specific knowledge in the field of finance and banking information solutions
2. Have a detailed knowledge of theories in the field of Microsoft Excel
3. Learn to recognise information interconnections in the field of financial organization processes.
4. Develop the skills to interpret the gained results in the field of e-finance solution implementation.
5. Learn how to analyse and synthesise different approaches in the field of e-finance implementation.
6. Are able to pursue further analysis regarding e-finance support implementation
7. Are qualified to control and supervise the implementation of finance organization solutions
8. Can demonstrate awareness of wider social and environmental ethical issues in areas of finance organization support implementation
|Intendend learning outcomes - transferable/key skills and other attributes'
1. Understand and apply critical analysis and theory development and their usability in solving real professional problems, with minimum guidance.
2. Get the ability to search for and synthesize new information from the field of e-finance and e-business solutions implementation in literature and praxis.
3. Synthesize different knowledge and procedures and are aware of importance of use of professional literature.
4. Can select appropriate techniques for problem solving and are able to evaluate the importance and significance of data.
5. Can identify key aspects of problem from different view points.
1. Further develop skills and expertise in the use of knowledge in a specific working area.
2. Upgrade the ability to become an autonomous learner.
3. Upgrade the ability to apply information technology.
4. Upgrade the ability to work in pairs and groups.
5. Further develop their communication skills in an effective manner to effectively and professionally communicate.
|Learning and teaching methods
- case analysis;
- programmed learning;
- practical exercises and assignments