|Content (Syllabus outline)
|Course consists of following topics: IS based business tranformation, Enterprise resource planning solutions (ERP), Management information systems, information systems for business to business e-business (B2B), information systems for business to customer e-business (B2C), information systems for busienss to government e-business (B2G), electronic markets solutions, internet EDI systems, solutions for internet shops, solutions for mobile business, solutions for computer and telecommunications integration (CTI; call centers), integration between e-business solutions and ERP solutions, internet portals, information technologies for e-business (HTML, XML, ..), e-business information systems analysis and design, home page developing with selected tool, trends in the field of e-business. |
|Obvezna študijska literatura (Compulsory textbooks):
Bobek Samo, Sternad Simona: Dodatna gradiva predmeta v e-učilnici, EPF
Hans van der Hoeven: ERP and Business Processes (Illustrated with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009), Llumina press, 2009
Dodatna študijska literatura (Additonal textbooks):
|In this course students:
1. Systematically enhance their theoretical knowledge in the field of ERP solutions and e-business models and are able to apply it.
2. Gain the ability to apply their theoretical knowledge in complex practical problems in the field of ERP implementations and e-business models
3. Acquire different approach to analysis of ERP implementations and e-business models and are able to critically evaluate it.
4. Make critical judgements based on a sound theoretical base of web sites and web portals.
|Intendend learning outcomes - knowledge and understanding
|Development of knowledge and understanding:
1. Acquire comprehensive knowledge in the area of ERP solutions and e-business models.
2. Have a detailed knowledge of theories in the area of implementation of ERP solutions and e-business models.
3. Are able to explain ERP solution and e-business interconnections in the field of.
4. Develop skills to review the gained results in the field of implementation ERP solutions and e-business.
5. Learn how to analyse and synthesise different approaches in the field of implementation ERP solutions and e-business models with changing conditions.
6. Are able to upgrade and design further analysis regarding ERP solutions and e-business
7. Are aware of personal and professional responsibility in the field of ERP solutions and e-business.
8. Are able to demonstrate a critical ethical dimension in their work.
|Intendend learning outcomes - transferable/key skills and other attributes'
1. Understand and apply critical analysis and theory development and their usability in solving real and abstract professional problems, without guidance.
2. Get the ability to search for and synthesize new information from the field of ERP solutions and e-business in literature and praxis and to place them in appropriate professional frame.
3. Can select appropriate techniques for complex problem solving and are able to evaluate the reliability, validity and significance of results gained.
4. Can identify key aspects of problem from different view points and are able to find solutions.
5. Can investigate contradictory information and reasons for this.
1. Further develop skills and expertise in the use of knowledge in a specific working area.
2. Upgrade the ability to become an autonomous learner.
3. Upgrade the ability to apply information technology.
4. Upgrade the ability for team-work and team leadership.
5. Further develop their communication skills in an effective manner to effectively solve conflicts.
6. Can identify key aspects of problem from different view points and are able to find solutions.
7. Are efficient in self-evaluation.
8. Can select and manage information with minimal guidelines.
1. Get practical experience in the field of use of ERP solution Microsoft Dynamics NAV and in the field of design and publish simple web site with Microsoft Expression.
2. Is able to act autonomously with minimal guidelines and supervision.
|Learning and teaching methods
|Lectures, case analysis, discussion, programmed learning, practical exercises and assignments, project work |