|Content (Syllabus outline)
|1. Set theory
2. Business calculations and equations
4. Number sequences and series
5. Foundations of financial mathematics
6. Investments, loans
7. Functions of one real variable
8. Differential calculus
11. Linear equations
|Obvezna študijska literature (Compulsory textbooks):
1. Indihar S., Kavkler I., Mastinšek M. (2002). Matematika za ekonomiste 1. del, EPF, Maribor.
2. Arih L., Indihar S., Mastinšek M. (2005). Matematika za ekonomiste 2. del, EPF, Maribor.
Dodatna študijska literature (Additonal textbooks):
3. Marovt J. (2010). Gradivo pri predmetu Gospodarska matematika: zbirka rešenih nalog, EPF, Maribor.
4. Marovt J, Breznik K. (2014). Praktikum iz poslovno-finančne matematike, FNM, Maribor.
5. Tietze J. (1998). Einfuerung in die angewandte Wirtschaftsmathematik, Vieweg Verlag, Braunschweig-Wiesbaden.
6. Hoy M., Livernois J., McKenna C., Stengos T. (2001). Mathematics for economics, Addison-Wesley, New York.
1. Acquire fundamental knowledge in specific fields of mathematics in economics.
2. Learn to write, think and express themselves accurately in the field of mathematics.
3. Enhance their theoretical knowledge in specific fields of mathematics.
4. Gain the ability to apply their theoretical knowledge in business and economic practice.
5. Make critical judgements based on a sound theoretical base.
|Intendend learning outcomes - knowledge and understanding
|Development of knowledge and understanding:
1. Acquire fundamental concepts in specific fields of mathematics in economics.
2. Learn to apply mathematical techniques in solving business problems.
3. Develop the skills to interpret the results gained with mathematical techniques.
4. Develop the skills for additional learning and individual study of new methods.
|Intendend learning outcomes - transferable/key skills and other attributes'
1. Can analyse with guidance using given classification/principles.
2. Can identify key aspects of problem from different view points.
3. Students develop greater independence of thought and the ability to solve problems. standard way.
1. Develop learning techniques and strategies for individual study, permanent reflection and evaluation.
2. Develop skills for team work.
3. Develop professional ethics.
4. Develop interest for lifelong learning.
|Learning and teaching methods
active work |