|Content (Syllabus outline)
|1. Introduction to organization
2. Organizational purpose and structural design
3. Open organizational system elements
4. Dynamic processes of organization
5. Introduction to general management
6. Modern environment of management
7. Management theory
8. Management in practice
9. Management functions (planning, organizing, leading, controlling)
10. Integrative cases (globalization, culture, ethics, social responsibilities)
|Osnovna literatura / Essential sources:
Izbrana poglavja iz/Some Chapters from: Daft, R. (2003): Management. Thomson, Mason.
Dodatna literatura / Additional sources:
Možina, S. (2002). Management. Didakta, Radovljica.
Daft, R. (2003). Management. Thomson, Mason.
Cole, G. (2004). Management: Theory and Practice. Thomson Learning, London.
McAuley, J., Duberley, J., Johnson, P. (2007): Organization Theory. Prentice Hall, London.
Potočan, V. (2013): Management. EPF, Maribor
Seznam dodatnih študijskih materialov in revij bo razdeljen študentom ob začetku predavanj.
A list of additional study materials (published texts, journals, etc.) will be distributed when the module begins.
|The course introduces the subjects of Organization and Management and their application to business and others organizational systems. Basic goals of course are: introduction of organization and management issues in organizations, presentation of different theoretical and practical approaches for study of organization and management, presentation of influence of organization and management on business of organizations, and presentation of different values starting points for appropriate behavior and working at stakeholders of organization.
In this course students: get the basic knowledge of organization and management, are familiarised with the applicability of different theories of organization and management, are familiarised with elements of organization theory and theory of management and are aware of interdependence between them, are familiarised with and grasp the basic concepts of organization and management, learn to write, think and express themselves accurately in the field of organization and field of management, acquire fundamental knowledge of organization and management, are familiarised with the importance of organization and management for enterprises and modern society, and gain the knowledge for use of different cognitions about organization and management in the modern business environment.
Transferable/Key Skills and other attributes:
Communication skills, capability of application of knowledge, skills for analyzing of situation, and capacity to practical use of knowledge.
|Intendend learning outcomes - knowledge and understanding
|Development of knowledge and understanding:
1. Understand basic concepts of organizationa and general managementa.
2. Learn to use (apply) cognitina about organization and management for solving business problems.
3. Recognize basic characteristics of different approaches for consideration of organization and management.
4. Can demonstrate awareness of ethical issues in the field of organization and management.
5. Are able to discuss ethical issues in relation to personal beliefs and values.
|Intendend learning outcomes - transferable/key skills and other attributes'
1. Can analyse with guidance using given classification/principles.
2. Can collect and arrange data and ideas in a standard way.
3. Can evaluate the reliability of data using defined techniques and under guidance.
4. Students develop greater independence of thought and the ability to solve problems.
5. Use ICT.
6. Develop skills for team work.
7. Develop professional ethics.
8. Establish international relations.
9. Develop learning techniques and strategies for individual study, permanent reflection and evaluation.
10. Develop interest for lifelong learning. |
|Learning and teaching methods
|This course uses a range of teaching methods including:
videos and films,
student presentation and
study of students. |