|Knowledge of the English language equivalent to level B1 |
|Content (Syllabus outline)
|Various economics and business topics are studies in order to achieve language confidence in different situations, i.e. company presentations, product presentations, describing price charts, trends, business trips, management styles and corporate culture. |
|Obvezna študijska literatura (Compulsory textbooks):
Powell. M. (2014). In Company 3.0 Intermediate Level Student's Book. Macmillan Education.
Mascull, B. (2010). Business Vocabulary in Use Intermediate, Second edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. – izbrana poglavja
Dodatna študijska literatura (Additonal materials):
Izročki na predavanjih (aktualni strokovni časopisni članki, drugo gradivo).
Duckworth, M. (2004). Business Grammar and Practice. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Šega, L. (1997). Veliki moderni poslovni slovar – angleško-slovenski. Ljubljana: Cankarjeva založba.
Strokovni slovarji, ki so na voljo v fakultetni knjižnici oziroma čitalnici oziroma na spletu;
Študenti naj redno spremljajo aktualne gospodarske in politične novice v angleškem jeziku.
|In this course students:
1. acquire core English terminology for business and commerce;
2. are familiarised with key elements of business communication in English and its importance for successful business operations;
3. learn to communicate effectively in various business-related situations and purposes (i.e. telephoning, e-mail, informal talks, presentations, meetings, socializing and entertaining business clients);
4. acquire fundamental knowledge of key communication skills in English (reading, listening, speaking, writing) for business purposes;
5. gain the awareness of business culture and business operations in a wider international context.
|Intendend learning outcomes - knowledge and understanding
|Development of knowledge and understanding:
1. can use core English terminology in the field of economics and business;
2. can apply different forms of business communication in English (e-mail, report, letter, telephoning, presentations).
3. know the fundamental characteristics of formal / informal and written / oral business communication in English.
4. can discuss main ethical issues in the field of daily business operations (workplace stress, people management, conflicts, etc.) at the intermediate English knowledge level.
1. can carry out basic oral and written business communication in English by using given input information.
|Intendend learning outcomes - transferable/key skills and other attributes'
1. have skills for team work;
2. develop professional ethics;
3. develop learning techniques and strategies for individual study, permanent reflection and evaluation;
1. can apply relevant knowledge in the use of English within a number of business situations.
|Learning and teaching methods
Problem-based language learning
Pair work and group work
Case study analysis